On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez....@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks, that's good to know.  But I'm mostly thinking of teaching
> situations, so it would be nice to have this in the source: it's not
> for my use but for the benefit of students who may be in a lab where
> they can't install extensions.  But I don't know if that can even be
> done in html in the first place.

I think there might be a couple different approaches that might be useful
for educational purposes of IPython + matplotlib usage. For instance:

1-) When one downloads a script from the matplotlib gallery via an external
script (name it load_into_ipython or open_with_ipython) the contents of that
gallery script (or any python script) can be executed locally inside an
ipython session.

2-) Matplotlib gallery might turn to an interactive environment where you
can execute the script from right within your browser and change parameters
in the same browser window. As far as I know mpl figures can now be drawn on
html canvas. This might for sure boost the number of matplotlib audience.

--
Gökhan