On Dec 3, 2007 5:53 PM, John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 5:49 PM, John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Charlie, I don't know how you handled this last time, but is there
> > something in setuptools you have to disable for this build?
>
> Well, here's a clue: matplotlib/__init__.py does not exist in this instal

When I copy all the dirs from the 2.5 egg you built into
site-packages, I get a matplotlib with rcParams and the rest of the
__init__.py stuff.  Unfortunately, when I try to import pylab, I get
the dreaded old msvcp71.dll error.  If I recall correctly, we used to
hack distutils to remove the line that linked with that lib.

JDH