On Dec 3, 2007 5:44 PM, Charlie Moad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I gave it a try, and I did not get this error.

I am seeing the problem on python2.5 using the binary exe installer.
It appears we are getting fouled up by setuptools special handling of
the __init__.py file, which is supposed to be empty I think to support
namespace packages.  All the stuff we are defining in
matplotlib/__init__.py, like rcParams and friends, is being lost.
Instead, a

>>> import matplotlib
>>> dir(matplotlib)

just shows the special names '__path__', '__doc__',  and '__name__',
and the  'toolkit' dir.

Charlie, I don't know how you handled this last time, but is there
something in setuptools you have to disable for this build?

JDH