It looks as if poly_editor is broken in 0.91.2 and the trunk.  Is that
your observation as well?

This has been fixed in SVN (on both the trunk and the 0.91.x branch).

On both versions, the line (that makes up the draggable markers) was
never added to the axes, so it doesn't get a transform, and all the
markers are drawn in the lower left.

For the trunk, there were a couple updates to use the new transforms
methods.  Also, numpy arrays (which are now used for the polygon data)
do not support insertion, so the call to "insert" had to be rewritten as
creating a new array.

See r4878 (trunk) and r4879 (0.91.x maintenance).

Cheers,
Mike

Rob Hetland wrote:

> I do this sort of stuff all of the time.  I have a tool that is
> interactive, making a polygon that you can edit (similar to poly_editor
> in the examples), that is linked to the polygeom class below, but it is
> broken in the new transforms release of the code.
>
> poly_editor is also broken, by the way.  You can't insert a point anymore.
>
> For now, you can use these simpler tools:
>
> Good luck,
>
> -Rob

> On Dec 6, 2007, at 8:39 PM, Venkat Ramanan wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for something analogous to Matlab's ginput() and roipoly().
>>
>> ginput() basically displays a crosshair on the current figure and allows
>> us to select points by clicking on it. It returns the x,y coordinates of
>> the points.
>>
>> roipoly() allows us to define a polygon by clicking on the figure and
>> returns a logical matrix, where ones represent the insides of the
>> polygon and zeros outside.
>>
>> Any pointers are appreciated.
>>
>> I recently found matplotlib and started porting some of my Matlab
>> scripts to it.
>>
>> Ubuntu feisty (7.04), matplotlib 0.87.7. I can upgrade though.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Venkat.

> ----
>
> Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
>
> Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
>
> http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
>
> phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331

Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch