Rob Hetland wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Michael Droettboom wrote:
>
>> It looks as if poly_editor is broken in 0.91.2 and the trunk.  Is that
>> your observation as well?
>
> Yes.
>

>> This has been fixed in SVN (on both the trunk and the 0.91.x branch).
>>
>> On both versions, the line (that makes up the draggable markers) was
>> never added to the axes, so it doesn't get a transform, and all the
>> markers are drawn in the lower left.
>>
>> For the trunk, there were a couple updates to use the new transforms
>> methods.  Also, numpy arrays (which are now used for the polygon data)
>> do not support insertion, so the call to "insert" had to be rewritten as
>> creating a new array.
>
> Yes, I think this is part of the problem, but have not had the time to
> dig into it yet.  But your description of the problem matches the error
> messages I was getting.
>
> Also, I find this such a useful tool, I wonder if it would be worthwhile
> putting it somewhere in the matplotlib tree explicitly?  Even better as
> a class that could be subclassed..

I think that would be worthwhile just to avoid (well, reduce) these
problems when interface changes occur in the future.  Since you were
forced to copy-and-paste poly_editor as a starting point, rather than
inheriting from it, there's little you can do to move forward now other
than to manually update your own code.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but maybe we should take a survey of how
it's being used now to make sure whatever it ends up looking like is
sufficient.

Cheers,
Mike

--