Matthias Michler wrote:
> I'm not sure it is the easiest way, but it works for me:
>
> for label in ax.xaxis.get_majorticklabels():
>     label.set_rotation(+90)

Yes, that's what I was using, just wondered if there was a better way...

>> Also, how would I get this kind of updating with bar charts or errorbars?
>
> In the case of bar charts and errorbars it is quite difficult to reset the
> data.

Oh, I also meant to ask about scatter, can the data be easilly reset there?

For bar charts and errorbar plots, I agree ;-) How would I just blank
the figure and replot?
(I have just been calling errorbar lots, but I'm guessing that if I add
a legend, I'll have one entry for each time I called errorbar :-S)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk