On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Mike Anderson <mbander...@wisc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I put the bottom axis on top (or on top AND on bottom) for a barh
> plot?
>
> I'm trying to mimic this, made with gnuplot:
>
>  http://www.hep.wisc.edu/cms/comp/cmsprod/dCacheUserUsage.png
>
> within matplotlib, and I've come close,
>
>  http://www.hep.wisc.edu/cms/comp/cmsprod/diskUserUsage.png
>

> Also, is it possible to just have grid lines in one direction (say,
> vertical), I don't think the horizontal grid is necessary.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Mike

This example might work for your case:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/simple_axisline4.html?highlight=subplothost

You can disable lower x-axis ticks and labels by using --assuming you will
try the example in an ipython -pylab

run simple_axisline4.py

ax = gca()

ax.xaxis.set_major_locator(pylab.NullLocator())

However this disable vertical grids as well. Maybe someone else can point
you in the right direction for this.

> PS: Anyone who is interested, my script for making that is here,
>  http://www.hep.wisc.edu/cms/comp/cmsprod/plotDiskUse.py

Gökhan