On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:22 PM, gary ruben <gru...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Thanks Ben, that works nicely. Good work :) (except that inkscape is
> not nearly as good as matplotlib itself at optimising the resulting
> vector-based pdf to keep the file size down - not mpl's fault though).
> I just remembered, while trying this out, that there are two of every
> object forming the axis parts - two of every patch, grid line, tick
> line and label. It was this way before the latest changes also, but is
> there a reason, or is it a bug? It doesn't impact visually though.
>
> thanks for the great work on this,
> Gary

Glad that helped.  I haven't noticed the doubling issue, but I have my
suspicions.  It is likely an inadvertent side-effect of the current design.
I will look out for that, but I am hopeful that this will resolve itself as
I continue to refactor mplot3d.

If the problem hasn't resolved itself before the next+1 release (i.e.,
whatever will come after v1.1.0), then ping me again for a reminder.

Cheers,
Ben Root