Hey. Thanks for your review for taps and phases.

Yeah, that parenthesis was obviously wrong, haha. I seem to have only tested
the code for cases when I had tap changers present.

About having a common interface which calls the runpf() as a subroutine, I
think we have to look at the thing as a constrained optimization problem if we
want to preserve generality.  The modelling criterion function then enters the
constrained optimization problem as an equality constraint, because the
equations that are seen by these control devices (e.g. the control equation of
an OLTC) have to be exactly zero, while e.g. the cost of running the power
plants cannot be zero and only their minimum is searched for.

So, I'll look into the runpf() and combining this with the reactive limits of a
generator first. I'll see if it can be done elegantly. I still suggest that
some codes are done in separate files, because some files have a few hundred
lines each and it may be a bit too large to view the file in trying to
understand what it does.

Also, I'd have to look at the functionality currently present in terms of
control of runpf(). If I understand correctly, there is voltage control in
terms of Qbus controlling magnitude of Vbus? Or are there other control
functionalities as well?

Oh, I nearly forgot. The sparse matrices that I was mentioning in the comments
are not that much related to the system size, but more to the quantity of
controlled devices. But I guess it's more elegant to do it properly anyways
so.....I guess I'll fix that too.

cheers, Gorazd