Hi Gorazd,
This will be a huge contribution to MATPOWER development. I wish to follow
this development and take up task if necessary.

Regards Ahmad

On Feb 17, 2018 11:04 AM, "Bone, Gorazd" <gorazd.b...@fe.uni-lj.si> wrote:

Hey. Thanks for your review for taps and phases.

Yeah, that parenthesis was obviously wrong, haha. I seem to have only
tested the code for cases when I had tap changers present.

About having a common interface which calls the runpf() as a subroutine, I
think we have to look at the thing as a constrained optimization problem if
we want to preserve generality.  The modelling criterion function then
enters the constrained optimization problem as an equality constraint,
because the equations that are seen by these control devices (e.g. the
control equation of an OLTC) have to be exactly zero, while e.g. the cost
of running the power plants cannot be zero and only their minimum is
searched for.

So, I'll look into the runpf() and combining this with the reactive limits
of a generator first. I'll see if it can be done elegantly. I still suggest
that some codes are done in separate files, because some files have a few
hundred lines each and it may be a bit too large to view the file in trying
to understand what it does.

Also, I'd have to look at the functionality currently present in terms
of control of runpf(). If I understand correctly, there is voltage control
in terms of Qbus controlling magnitude of Vbus? Or are there other
control functionalities as well?

Oh, I nearly forgot. The sparse matrices that I was mentioning in the
comments are not that much related to the system size, but more to the
quantity of controlled devices. But I guess it's more elegant to do it
properly anyways so.....I guess I'll fix that too.

cheers, Gorazd