That’s basically true. To be more specific, RAMP_10 is used to determine the
amount that a contingency dispatch can deviate from the corresponding base
case, or to limit the reserve supplied by a unit when using fixed zonal reserve
requirements. And RAMP_30 is used to determine how much a base case dispatch in
a particular period can deviate from the base case dispatches in adjacent
periods. And RAMP_AGC is not currently used for anything.

In MOST there are essentially two types of “reserve”: (1) contingency reserve,
and (2) load-following ramp reserve. The contingency reserve, limited by
RAMP_10, can be handled in one of two ways, either by specifying fixed zonal
reserve requirements (in a deterministic problem) or by specifying explicit
contingencies that must be covered (in a stochastic problem). This is discussed
in Section 3.2 of the MOST User’s Manual
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/docs/MOST-manual-1.0.pdf> and defined by
equations (4.16)–(4.22). The load-following ramp reserve, limited by RAMP_30,
is described in Section 3.5 and defined by equations (4.23)–(4.27).

Hope this helps,

    Ray