Thanks for the explanation! I’ve figured out which constraint is actually
binding in my case.

Best,
Bainan

From: bounce-122375618-80810...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-122375618-80810...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Ray Zimmerman
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:11 AM
To: MATPOWER discussion forum <matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: MOST and ramp rates (was Re: Ramp AGC)

That’s basically true. To be more specific, RAMP_10 is used to determine the
amount that a contingency dispatch can deviate from the corresponding base
case, or to limit the reserve supplied by a unit when using fixed zonal reserve
requirements. And RAMP_30 is used to determine how much a base case dispatch in
a particular period can deviate from the base case dispatches in adjacent
periods. And RAMP_AGC is not currently used for anything.

In MOST there are essentially two types of “reserve”: (1) contingency reserve,
and (2) load-following ramp reserve. The contingency reserve, limited by
RAMP_10, can be handled in one of two ways, either by specifying fixed zonal
reserve requirements (in a deterministic problem) or by specifying explicit
contingencies that must be covered (in a stochastic problem). This is discussed
in Section 3.2 of the MOST User’s
Manual<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.pserc.cornell.edu_matpower_docs_MOST-2Dmanual-2D1.0.pdf&d=DwMFaQ&c=f_hce7QtucnhnFZbRZTIlH6nx5mag1_14FtEFKPmHCI&r=GT1sxYZuEA8wCoyfVcH4pg&m=3ukhTDKSBAjZJsjXOVK0QyYkxQobl6nvuDenTyD6_y8&s=klrJlDjFDYFq0im5Yw3ZQuwQ4zLwMqXN8AJ1HW5E6hg&e=>
 and defined by equations (4.16)–(4.22). The load-following ramp reserve,
limited by RAMP_30, is described in Section 3.5 and defined by equations
(4.23)–(4.27).

Hope this helps,

    Ray

On Mar 8, 2018, at 7:29 PM, Stephen Suffian