> Am 07.05.2021 um 11:36 schrieb Lee Badham <le...@bodoni.co.uk>:
>
> Hi,
>
> When I run the LeakFinder example I get the following IllegalCastException
> error:
>
> 'Delegate cannot be cast to LeakObject'

Thanks. We'll fix that.

> Weirdly it never stop at the breakpoint though.
>
> Also, I'm not sure how to interpret the output in the window.
>
> Pair -> Dictionary -> Pair -> Object() -> Pair
> Pair -> Object() -> Pair -> Dictionary -> Pair
> Object() -> Pair -> Dictionary -> Pair -> Object()
> Object() -> Pair -> Dictionary -> Pair -> Object()
> Object() -> Pair -> Dictionary -> Pair -> Object()
> MyPushButton -> LeakFinderWindow -> MyPushButton
> LeakFinderWindow -> MyPushButton -> LeakFinderWindow

So the example has a few test cases setup.

First row there is a Pair object, which points to a dictionary, to a pair, then
an object/variant array and back to the original Pair.
So this is a circle reference causing a memory leak.
Since several objects are involved, it also finds the same circle again and
maybe other ways to complete it.

Then also it finds a leak with window referencing push button and back.

Sincerely
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/