From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Images
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:03 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: [MCN-L] image file names

We're reviewing how we name our image files and I'm hoping that some of you
may have worked through this same issue. Currently, we use our accession
number, however as this contains periods it has been identified as
potentially problematic. For example, accession # 42.3.11 = VAG-42.3.11.jpg.
One suggestion is to change the decimals to zeros but we are concerned that
this makes the image file name difficult to read. Have any of you found a
good solution to a problem  like this? Any thoughts or samples of your
naming structure would be most appreciated!

thanks very much
Danielle

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu