From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Images
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:03 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: [MCN-L] image file names

We're reviewing how we name our image files and I'm hoping that some of
you may have worked through this same issue. Currently, we use our
accession number, however as this contains periods it has been
identified as potentially problematic. For example, accession # 42.3.11
= VAG-42.3.11.jpg. One suggestion is to change the decimals to zeros but
we are concerned that this makes the image file name difficult to read.
Have any of you found a good solution to a problem  like this? Any
thoughts or samples of your naming structure would be most appreciated!

thanks very much
Danielle

You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu