SFMOMA is considering making iPads available for public use as video jukeboxes
in a museum gallery learning lounge and are wondering if you are aware of other
public implementations of tablet computers. The issues we are particularly
concerned with include:

  *   Home screen management: limiting icons and making Settings inaccessible
(We understand this can be done through the Apple Enterprise Developer
solution; does anyone have experience with this? Any pitfalls or limitations?)
  *   Options for a menu interface to browse and launch a set of videos
(iTunes, obviously-but any other suggestions?)
  *   Physical security of the device: theft prevention and protection against
dropping/breakage

Please let us know if you have suggestions along these lines-or if there are
other important issues we have neglected to mention! Thanks in advance.

Best,
Leo Ballate
IT Director
SFMOMA
151 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
tel: 415-357-4145
fax: 415-947-1145
www.sfmoma.org

Check out our current podcast feature at http://www.sfmoma.org/podcasts
and Explore Modern Art at http://www.sfmoma.org/pages/explore

The information contained in this electronic mail message (including any
attachments) is confidential information that may be covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC Sections 2510-2521, intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above, and may be privileged. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately notify me and delete the
original message. Thank you.