A good company too look through their range of products is canopus
http://www.canopus.com/

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Jansonius, Remko (Vizcaya)
Sent: March 15, 2007 1:54 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] videos in exhibits

Melissa,
We just installed a film that will play continuously for the next 3
months.
It's a 3 minute film, a high definition, just over 1 Gb quicktime file.
It's on the hard drive of a Mac Pro (for smaller files a Mac Mini might
work) and the Mac is set to loop. So, there's no need to have a DVD and
there will be no DVD player wearing out. In our set up it's fed through
a projector onto a 10 foot wide screen. The installation opened to the
public last night. We'll see how it performs non stop over the next
three months.
If you want detailed specs, let me know.
Remko Jansonius