Hello MCN,
This may be a rather dense question regarding copyright law...but as it's
outside my area of expertise I figured this community could provide a great
reference point. My own research is not turning up an good answers/examples
either!

Do any institutions assign different copyright statements to derivatives of the
same image, depending on that image's resolution?

Take for example, a photo of a Greek urn in a museum collection. Would it be
common practice for a high-resolution TIFF of this photo to bear a "(c)Museum
Institution, 2014" statement, while a medium-resolution JPG of the same photo
would bear a "(c) Creative Commons License"?

Does this scenario fit within basic copyright law or guidelines?
If anyone is differentiating copyright statements based on image resolution, do
you have this policy written/documented in a shareable way?

Thanks for any feedback you might have!

Kate Blanch
Administrator, Museum Databases
kblanch at thewalters.org / 410.547.9000 ext. 266

The Walters Art Museum
600 N. Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21201
www.thewalters.org<http://www.thewalters.org/>