I think I see two possible misunderstandings in your original question.  First,
there is only one copyright here: the copyright in the photograph of the urn.
(I am going to assume, like Amalyah, that the Greek urn itself is ancient and
now in the public domain.)  A medium resolution version is not a copyright
derivative even though it may have been "derived" from a high-resolution
original.  It is just a copy.  As the Copyright Office pamphlet on derivative
works states: "To be copyrightable, a derivative work must be different enough
from the original to be regarded as a "new work" or must contain a substantial
amount of new material."  Furthermore, in order to have a copyright separate
from the original photograph, it must possess, according to the Feist decision,
"at least some minimal degree of creativity."  So your medium-resolution
version fails on both counts: it is not a derivative, and it does not embody
any creativity of its own.  You instead have two versions of one copyrighted
work.

Now let's think about the CC license.  The copyright statement for both
versions would be the same: "(c) Museum Institution, 2014."  The medium
version's CC license would license the copyright and not any specific
manifestation of that copyright.  So the license that applies to the medium
version would also apply to all other expressions of the copyrighted work -
including the high-resolution version.   And remember that the CC licenses
prohibit you from imposing terms on the use of the copyrighted work that would
prevent others from doing what the license allows.  So if you licensed the
medium resolution version as CC BY, you can't then impose other restrictions
when you distribute a high-resolution version of it.  (Or rather, you could
impose those restrictions, but you would have no legal basis for objecting if
someone ignores your terms.)

It seems to me that if you want to impose different use restrictions on
different resolutions, you are going to have to do that with contract terms
that you devise and not a CC license.  But there is some question whether
contractual downstream use restrictions are legal.  More importantly, you have
to decide if you are willing to go to court to sue one of your customers/users.
 If not, it seems silly to try to impose the restriction in the first place.

This, of course, is not legal advice and IANAL, just a simple archivist.

Peter B. Hirtle, FSAA
Research Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard University &
Senior Policy Advisor, Cornell University Library
peter_hirtle at harvard.edu
phirtle at cyber.law.harvard.edu
peter.hirtle at cornell.edu
t.? 607.592.0684
http://vivo.cornell.edu/individual/individual23436
Copyright and Cultural Institutions: Guidelines for Digitization for U.S.
Libraries, Archives, and Museums:
http://hdl.handle.net/1813/14142