The -I parameter is the identity configured in server.cfg over here. Do you
have the correct identity configured for your mcollective daemon?

https://puppet.com/docs/mcollective/current/reference/ui/filters.html

https://puppet.com/docs/mcollective/current/configure/server.html#facts-identity-and-classes

Here I have server.cfg managed via puppet so it automagically interpolates the
fqdn, which helps.

--

---