From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Trond Karstensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:20 AM
To: mdtosd@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [MDT-OSD] Windows 10 Custom Start Menu & InPlaceUpgrade

Hi.

On Windows 10 projects we are usually deploying a customized Windows 10 Start
Menu when deploying new computers.
This works very well for new computers (using dism and importing the xml file).

Is there a way to apply a custom start menu when doing in-place-upgrade ?
By using dism it will only apply the custom start menu to new profiles, so not
very useful when profiles are migrated by the migration process.
I know you can enforce a start menu by Group Policy, but then users will not be
able to customize the start menu so that is not a good option.

Regards
Trond