This certificate provided by my client. I will check the details and come back.

-Saras

---- On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 19:33:45 +0530 Tom <t...@hutch4.us> wrote ----

Did you pay roughly US$100 for the certificate? If I may ask? And that would be
a low-end cost. That would basically tell me if you specifically purchased a
wildcard certificate and that's the low-end cost. If it was a cheaper SSL
certificate it more than likely assumed the wildcard was www since the cheaper
certificates usually cover www.example.com and example.com.

It's also not just the installation on your server the authority certifying
must recognize the certificate as a true wildcard domain certificate.

Tom

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 8:36 AM, Sarasanand Bathey Vivekanantham
<sa...@asirtech.in> wrote:

> Hi TomThanks for the reply.
>

> The certificate which i configured has the domain name configured as
*.example.com. Now, for me with example.com SSL works but not for
mywiki.example.com.

> Need your expert advice.
>

> Regards
> Saras.
>
> ---- On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:22:05 +0530 Tom<t...@hutch4.us>
wrote ----

> First question that needs to be answered is is the wiki in a subdomain or
on the main domain the SSL certificate was installed? If I'm understanding your
statements it sounds like:

> example.org SSL works
> mywiki.example.org doesn't work
>
> You will need a separate SSL certificate or have purchased a certificate
specifically for multiple subdomains of the main domain.

> Tom
>
> > On Feb 10, 2016, at 7:39 AM, Sarasanand Bathey Vivekanantham
<sa...@asirtech.in> wrote:

> > Hi I have installed a media wiki on my server running in ubuntu.
I have apache server where other website is hosted. Now i have installed the
media wiki on the same server and configured apache to support multiple web
site.

> > I have the SSL certificate placed in server and made the setting
in configuration file of apache. After this the other website works good with
SSL certificate and uses https.

> > When i open media wiki URL it gives out a error saying
Certificate cannot be validated. I click on "Proceed to website" only then can
connect to media wiki. Please let me know if any setup to be done to have the
SSL certificate authentication.