Greetings everybody,

I am the administrator of a private mediawiki installation for my
neighborhood - about 170 inhabitants.

Apparently one of the limits to adoption of the wiki is the cumbersome file
upload process. I have installed Upload Wizard and customized the licensing
options available to have the bare minimum but the multi-step process is
still criticized. Just being forced by the UI to add a description to each
file is apparently is too much.

I therefore have to write our very own, supersimplified upload page.

I'll obviously have to learn how to write Extensions and then I'll be able
to have a look at the code of the Upload Wizard for inspiration. Are there
any additional source of information on this topic that you'd recommend?

Kind regards,

MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to: