On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 15:53 +0300, Carsten Munk wrote:
> How it looks, if it works, I don't know, but it should be something
> that people can start using to see what is possible regarding Hildon
> on stock GTK+ and MeeGo. More like a proof of concept. Hildon version
> is 2.2.19.

Here[1] are some screen shots of running a GTK+ application
(xfce4-about) on MeeGo/Handset. If mcompositor and mdecorator are both
running, I'm only getting a blank screen. Disabling one of both gives
some results.

If anyone has an idea, why the screen goes black, please let me know. Do
we need something like run-standalone.sh? When starting the GTK+
application, I'm not getting any extra error/warning messages and as
soon as I kill it, the black screen goes away and MeeGo reappears.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!
Conny

[1] http://zwong.de/?p=78