meego-architecture-boun...@lists.meego.com wrote:

> That document has a version number very similar to the MeeGo version
> numbers. Does that mean they track each other? Or is that just a
> coincidence? If they follow each other, are there relevant documents
> for MeeGo 1.2? Does the spec change significantly from one version to
> the other?

it's not a coincidence, there should be a matching compliance spec
for each meego.com release.

changes will be very small once things settle, however the likelihood
of changes at this stage is still fairly high - much more on the
application viewpoint than the system viewpoint.

there's no public draft of 1.2 compliance yet; think of 1.1 with the
exceptions removed (there's one indicting the ARM abi will change,
another that the GL->GLES change is happening); and that there will
be a different package list, determined by the patterns described
at http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Compliance_Implementation

(Incidentally 1.1 is complete/approved, the fact that the wiki
still only has drafts is due to a strange config problem that wasn't
allowing pdfs to update, I need to check if that's resolved now
and update if it is)

(we shouuld probably trim the number of lists this goes to;
meego-dev is considered the home for compliance discussion,
but it's okay to keep it on the IVI list if you prefer, I'm
signed up there now)