From: Rui La <larui...@gmail.com>
Date: 21/09/2013  00:55  (GMT+01:00)
To: meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu
Subject: [Meep-discuss] refractive index of silicon

Dear meep users,

I want to study the short wavelength light(300-700nm) propagation in Si but
found that the real and imaginary part of refractive index of silicon from has
a huge difference at short wavelength. For example, the real part of refractive
index will have maximum of 6.8 at 370nm corresponding to 46.24 as dielectric
constant. But the refractive index will drop to around 3.5 after 900nm
corresponding to 12. The extinction coefficient is also changing dramatically
under 400nm. So how could I define the materials at short wavelength. Thank you.

Best,

Rui