Dear meep users,

I want to study the short wavelength light(300-700nm) propagation in Si but
found that the real and imaginary part of refractive index of silicon from
has a huge difference at short wavelength. For example, the real part of
refractive index will have maximum of 6.8 at 370nm corresponding to 46.24
as dielectric constant. But the refractive index will drop to around 3.5
after 900nm corresponding to 12. The extinction coefficient is also
changing dramatically under 400nm. So how could I define the materials at
short wavelength. Thank you.

Best,

Rui