Dear Meep users and developers

 I am using multilevel-Atomic Susceptibility of MEEP to do some simulation. I
wonder what is the unit of N0 - total number of gain atoms in the system and Rp
 - pumping rate.
In the code of the tutorial documents(Multilevel_atomic Susceptibility), N0 is
equal to 37 and Rp is equal to 0.0051. However the reference [Opt. Express
2011, 20,474] says that N0 is in in the order of magnitude of 1e23 /m3 and Rp
is in the order of magnitude of 1e8 /s. According to above data, N0 seems to be
normalized. But I cannot find the document that explains how to normalize.  As
for Rp, if we normalize Rp with (c/a=3e8/1e-6=3e14), the result is about 1e-6
which deviates a lot from the value in the tutorial document 0.0051.
 Thanks a lot in advance for any help and also meep developers for this
excellent tool

Yanbo Pei