Brian Aker wrote:
Hi!

On Jun 19, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

But if we want to include libmemcache with memcached (at least for testing), we could just as well write the tests in C too. *shrug*

I would be fine with that. I've got dozens of tests and once the binary bits are complete we can flip/flop the protocols and see that they are returning the same results.

There should of course be a test suite for each client implementation.

However, to test the performance and lure out performance-related bugs, it is really important that you use a lightweight client, and libmemcached may easily be the best candidate there :)

Roy