pull it out and see if the diaphram is torn

OK Don wrote:

The A/C in my '87 300SDL has been wirking fine, even at 100F today.
This eveining after the outside temp had dropped to 85F, the nice cool
breeze from the climate control system suddenly turned very hot. I'm
guessing that this is the primary symptom of a faulty mono valve???
The car was converted to R134a by the PO, so I've been concerned that
the system might blow up with the black goo at any time, but then
again, this is the second summer since I bought it.

So, do I just order the mono valve repair kit, or do the trouble
shooting routine?

TIA,

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,  81 300TD,