-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Russ Maki
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 8:55 AM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mono valve???

Richard Hattaway wrote:

>Then you have to make the decision about replacing the fan motor if
>found bad, or putting new brushes in it.  Our friend George Murphy has
>the brushes, and I am SURE that if he has them there are multiple other
>sources as well.. (c:  New motors are expensive.  So you may want to
>talk to your local motor rebuilder if budget is an issue.
>
>Richard
>K4PKV

Some of you may recall that I had a batch of blower motor brushes made
up last year. After I did so I stumbled across this web site:
http://www.carbonbrush.com/automotivebrush.htm

 Judging by my invoice from Schink Graphite, brush No. 54H on the web
page is the same width and thickness as the brushes I got from the brush
factory. The pigtail appears to be mounted from the side of the brush
rather than a recess at the end like the original, but since the brush
housing in the Bosch/Behr motor has a slot in it, I'd think it ought to
be workable.

The carbonbrush.com brushes are about 1/6 inch shorter than the Schunk
brushes. They're also priced about 75 cents cheaper. and apparently
available in lots of less than two dozen, although I have NO experience
doing business with this vendor. The company name, address and phone
number is on their main web page,  http://www.carbonbrush.com/

Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.