On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:12:32AM -0500, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> so can the 14 heads be repaired at a machine shop, and if so, will the
> problem just come up again?

Kaleb,

Having *JUST* gone through replacing a cracked head on an 87 300D, I can
say without a doubt that I would not waste my time, effort, blood, sweat,
beer, money, and patience on the job if I was just replacing the head with
another #14, or having the #14 on the car repaired.

That said, with all the infernal gotchas being seen first hand, the next
replacement will probably not take near as long.

The car lights off and is more or less happy, but the pressure leak out
the chain tensioner because some moron (who, me?) didn't have the alignment
of the aluminum spacer washer between the tensioner and the head spot on
perfect, and munched the washer. Oh well, I haven't talked to Rusty
recently...