All this talk about those new-fangled 124 wagons being the best in the
universe makes me mad!  I just love my 1983 300TD with 275 K miles.
It has enough pep to pass almost anyone on the highway, enough room to
carry anything reasonably sized, is as trustworthy as an old hound
dog, and has enough rust to keep me just the slightest bit on edge.
The engines don't break, either (though I've had to do two
transmission rebuilds).