When the E300D decided to do the limp home thing in WY, I had to get to the SLC dealer and all they could find were five codes that told them nothing. There were five techs wandering around the car scratching heads. Reset the EGR and everything was good again. Four and a half hours, bad donut, weak coffee and I was on my way, no money out of pocket.