The kernel of truth in the study is the fact that, since the "agricultural revolution," we have abandoned sound and sustainable agricultural practices and instead have focused on on forcing plant growth through the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides which are largely produced from petrochemicals. Obviously, for most of human history, we have farmed successfully without reliance on petroleum products.

Grow soybeans and other oil producing plants without using huge amounts of petrochemicals, and behold, biodiesel no longer consumes more petroleum than it replaces. It can be done. We have the technology. We have had it for millenia.

Lee

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

we be screwed either which way you look at it. When the oil runs out, there is no way to replace it.

Mitch Haley wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ethanol_study