Does anyone have unbiased, objective numbers supporting the contention that transition to sustainable agriculture would result in widespread famine? I am sure that's Monsanto's official position, but I don't believe that it is unquestioned and immutable truth.

Lee

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

yep, and that is where the problems start. No more oil=alot less food and higher price of it and mass death rates.

David Brodbeck wrote:

Lee Einer wrote:

Obviously, for most of human
history, we have farmed successfully without reliance on petroleum
products.

That's because, for most of human history, there was a hell of a lot
fewer of us.

Eliminate chemical fertilizers, peticides, and petroleum-driven
cultivation and you dramatically reduce the earth's carrying capacity.