Tank.  The only thing in the world that might outlive
240Ds.  Everybody I know of that ever had one, swore by it.  One
observer noticed that while MB owners tend to keep their cars fixed,
that volvo owners never fix anything.

This is perhaps out of necessity, because parts are wither
unobtanium, or uber-expensive.   In many cases it is because the
owners make Jack Benny look like a big spender.  (Very small , tight
sphincters.)   I have an acquaintance with a S70 or whatever
glorified taurus.  He can't buy a new axle half new or used.  Unobtanium.

The pre-ford cars are reliable.

At 01:57 PM 8/5/2008, you wrote:
>I found a 1990 Volvo 240. It is a 1 owner car with 135,000 miles and
>perfect shape.  I have never had one of these.  I think I have asked
>about Volvos and somebody said there were a couple of models to
>avoid.  The only complaints I seen from reviews online is that they
>are pretty slow to accelerate.  Evidently those that were
>complaining about that have never driven a Mercedes diesel.  After
>all the 2.3 4 cyl. has 114 HP.
>
>Any one know anything about these cars?
>
>Donald H. Snook

Loren Faeth