Rich Thomas wrote:
> And imagine if they had highly-inflated tires, the thing would generate
> energy!

If you have time, read this discussion on high tire pressures:
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14643

I can remember arguing with my alignment tech when he said my tires were
overinflated when I had them at Chrysler recommended 35psi. (I also had
195/60-14 instead of the factory spec 165/80-13)
I finally quit arguing, drove home, and blew my tires back up. 35psi, 70,000
miles, even tire wear, maybe a little more wear on the edges than on the center.

Mitch.