I think the superiority of air power is the quick recharge time. Forkenswift
has a horrible recharge rate which as far as I'm concerned relegates it to
being a toy.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:16:06 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] compressed air car...
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Wilton Strickland wrote:
> Yes, I know they mean LOCAL, USER pollution, but too many believe it's
> really ZERO pollution.

Ever since I first saw the phrase "zero emissions vehicle", I've mentally
substituted "remote emissions vehicle". So far, all I've seen wearing the ZEV
label are based on energy storage methods, just various ways of getting around
having batteries, some better, most worse than a simple pack of batteries.
Compressed air strikes me as being much worse than a battery pack. I would
expect a hydrogen tank and a fuel cell to be more efficient than a tank of air.

If it isn't inherently superior to a VoltsRabbit or a ForkenSwift (Suzuki Swift
or Geo Metro with electric forklift motor), forget about it, I'll just build my
own EV out of scrapyard parts.

Mitch.