Peter Merle wrote:
> Do you have a link for the tool supplier?
> Have you tried  using the eyeball method described in the Haynes MAnual?

http://www.w124performance.com/images/tools/IP__RIV_tool.jpg

Here is one of the other tools... you have to remove the IP to set the
timing using this method
http://www.w124performance.com/images/tools/IP__lock_tool.jpg

Call Rusty.  Should be a number on the bottom of this email.

Never heard of the eyeball method...  I'm hesitant to trust it from the
name, and the Haynes manual doesn't help much ;)

BTW, you can call 1-800-4MERCEDES and you can get the official W124
service manuals mailed to you on CD.  Cost is about $75.  Contact me
offlist for some more information on a 'discount'.

John