Peter Merle wrote:
> How would you do the timing using the lock tool? I guess the steps would be
> 1. Remove IP ( do you need to remove Manifold and or oil filter housing?
> 2. Set IP to 15 deg BTDC using lock tool
> 3. Set engine to 15 deg BTDC
> 4. By playing with the timing adjustment screw get the pump to "slot in"
>
> Are my assumptions right?

Look like it to me!  The other thing is if you have any timing chain
stretch you'll have to play with it some.  The other thing I don't know
is how you actually check it.  I guess you set the engine to 15 ATDC and
make sure the tool fits?  With the expensive tool it takes longer to
remove the fan than it does to check the timing.

John