I once locked my keys in my 1980 Citation during finals week. A campus cop unlocked it with a "slim jim" (flat stainless strip with notches at the end) in about five seconds. A couple of years later I did it again, at home this time. Went to Carquest and bought the tool I'd seen the cop use, cost me about $10 way back then. Took me about 20 minutes to hook it on the rod from the lock cylinder and unlock the car. After I got it open, I put down the window and practiced until I could do it in 30 seconds. You need to know where to put the thing, how far down to shove it, whether to hook in from the front or the back, and whether to pull up or push down.

Harbor Freight used to have a set that included a slim jim and a few other unlocking tools, but I can't find it on their web site now. For all I know, they might be 'restricted burgulary tools' these days.

I'm surprised that you got into any Lexus that way, I thought that car locks were guarded from slim jims before Toyota ever made a 'Lexus' badge.

Mitch.