NEGATIVE on step 7; pry outward on a 123 panel, NOT on a 126 panel.

Wilton

----- Original Message -----
From: "LWB250" <lwb...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W126 Repair Proccedures Needed (PDF Format)

No PDF needed.

1.) Pry black plastic trim out of the handle recess (there is a small slot
on the hinge side of the plastic.)

2.) Remove phillips head screw from inside of bracket.

3.) Slide bracket down onto door pull.  You'll expose a large phillips head
screw at the top of the door pull.

4.) Remove screw from door pull and two other screws in the bottom of the
arm rest.  Remove arm rest from door.

5.) Remove chrome door strike trim from trailing edge of door.

6.) Remove two very small phillips head screws in side of window frame trim
on trailing edge of door.  Remove trim.

7.) With a putty knife or similar tool, pry bottom edge of inner door panel
out to release door panel.  Work al the way around the door until the pins
are released.

8.) With door panel loose, carefully lift up and towards the front to unhook
panel from front edge of door and window channel.

9.) After carefully removing the moisture shield (replace if damaged or
torn!) you can see the release lever.  Remove clip holding the lock rod and
the two large phillips head screws.

I'm doing this from memory, so if anyone wants to offer corrections, feel
free to do so.

Dan