124, 126 (and later I assume) door panels have hooks, and are removed by bumping them up. As others have said, on the 126, if you pry out, you break the hooks and then are in trouble. Sometimes you have to bump really hard for a long time to get them loose. The armrest is held by hooks also. (unless it was like one of my cars where the PO had broken the armrest hooks, and I used long drywall screws to attach the armrest again.)

At 11:44 AM 1/20/2009, you wrote:
You may be right, Barry. I could be confusing the 126 door panel with the 123 door panel.

Best to move slowly in this area until one knows how things are attached...

Thanks,

Dan

--- On Tue, 1/20/09, barry Stark <barryst...@roadrunner.com> wrote:

From: barry Stark <barryst...@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W126 Repair Proccedures Needed (PDF Format)
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 2:27 AM

Dan -
Are you real sure about step 7? It has been a while since I did this too but
it seem to remember prying out on the bottom panel of my '81 SD and broke
some stuff on my door panel. Manual page 72-100 only says unscrew screw at
bottom of panel and

Pull door lining in upward direction and remove...then... Note says...
Attention! Panel is hung on and not clipped on.

Barry