Thats how 201 doors work as well. I broke some clips quite badly the first time
I tried to take a door panel off my 190D...

-Curt

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:27:50 -0800
From: "barry Stark" <barryst...@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W126 Repair Proccedures Needed (PDF Format)
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Dan -
Are you real sure about step 7? It has been a while since I did this too but
it seem to remember prying out on the bottom panel of my '81 SD and broke
some stuff on my door panel. Manual page 72-100 only says unscrew screw at
bottom of panel and

Pull door lining in upward direction and remove...then... Note says...
Attention! Panel is hung on and not clipped on.

Barry