Unplug all wiring and check for continuity again. This will make sure it's not a wiring issue.

Luther

Archer wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the blower speed control unit and the temperature
control unit out of an '83 300D Turbo without taking out the dash cover? It
looks like both are mounted on a piece of metal that is not fastened at the
back.  I see one screw where a strip is fastened to the firewall.  These are
above the glove box and accessible with the glove box removed.

I unplugged the blower, put 12v on it and it runs fine, but the cable that goes
to it shows a dead short.
The pushbutton control unit board is fried and out of the car; the thin coils
in the resistor unit under the hood for the blower control shows overheating.
I have the electrical manual for that car, and best I can figure out the short
must be either in the blower control unit or the resistor bank under the hood.
I already have a replacement pushbutton unit and have a source for whatever
other parts, so I'll probably wind up replacing all the climate control units,
but I need to get the blower unit; and possibly the temperature unit out; in
order to identify the cable numbers and check the cables for shorts.
Thanks,
Gerry
--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark