Rich Thomas wrote:
Thanks for that info. I have a large TODO pile too, and wifey is not real tolerant of more additions to the 6 on site. She loves the new 300SD, this 350SD is much much nicer even, I'm wondering if I could tempt her.... This thing is tempting for a Kleb kind of price. Even if the 350 goes bad, I'm guessing a 300turbo would fit in there well (and I have a Chevy 350 lump and tranny that would be a 350 swap!) so that could be a fallback.

A good-engine 350SD would be a very nice car. Only 2,000 built; the only 126 rarer than that is the 560SE with 1,251 built.

For $800, it is hard to go wrong. Even if it isn't worth messing with engine-wise, the '90/'91 interior, trim, wheels, and whatnot will make for a wonderful upgrade to the '84, which will make the wife happy, and then you'll have a bunch of parts to sell for well over the $800 you paid for it.

Tom