'Been "topping off" for 59 years; I shake the car by pushing it side-to-side a bit with my hip. ;<)))))))))))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig McCluskey" <diese...@cnsp.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mileage test not

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:24:44 EDT relng...@aol.com wrote:

Yes, I know that the list deitys (here and on the R/E list, even) have
said "don't top off" but it's another 20+ miles before I'm in the gas
station again. So, I always do it.

I've been topping off for nearly 37 years. When I want to accurately check
mileage, I bounce the rear of the car up-and-down to get all the bubbles
out of the tank and fill until I can see diesel standing an inch or two
below the top of the filler. I used to do that every fillup, but I've
gotten lazy and do that less often.

Craig