mao,  you might like this as a start:

  **************Begin quote**********
"1125 A.D. In this year before Christmas King Henry sent from Normandy to England and gave instructions that all moneyers ... be deprived of their members ... Bishop Roger of Salisbury commanded them all to assemble at Winchester by Christmas. When they came hither they were then taken one by one, and each deprived of the right hand and the testicles below. All this was done in twelve days between Christmas and Epiphany, and was entirely justified because they had ruined the whole country by the magnitude of their fraud which they paid for in full." - The Laud Chronicle (E)

Taxpayers deserve reliable protection and with sufficient outrage will likely move rationally to at least limit financial adventurers in government. "

© 2004 Janice Dorn, M.D., Ph.D.
Contributor
<http://www.tacticalinvestor.com>www.tacticalinvestor.com
***************End quote****************************
(not endorsing the source, just giving credit for the quote)

Since the king will not demand such, it is time for the peasants to take up pitchforks Participate in your local tea party, Vote out the incumbents.

At 11:24 AM 4/30/2009, you wrote:
Mitch wrote:
> somehow I think the workers' share
> of the pie will get smaller and the UAW's will get bigger.

Let it happen.
We are such a kulture of "you owe me" that we are bankrupting
ourselves - self-castration if you will.
I mean - listen to any news and the whole tenor these days is that the
gov't will do everything.
Soon, they will be at my back door telling me I cannot wrench on my
own car because I am not federally approved to own wrenches - if I
make a boo-boo in my car repair and the kulture reaps the benefits of
broken stuff/people - it might kum to this.
They are already ramping up to tell me my 84 240D doesn't have enuf
electro-gizmo for the roads in the kulture today.  BAH!!
mao

Loren Faeth -------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...