Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:12:48 -0700
From: Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 'Nother OT - slimed tires
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

On the subject of Slime, my used riding lawnmower came with a tire
(one of the big ones in back) apparently pre-Slimed by the previous
owner.  It was flat at the start of mowing season this year and I
pumped it up, but noticed when I tried to check the pressure that the
valve left green gunk on the fitting on the pressure gauge.  This
brings to mind a couple of questions:
- Can you re-Slime tires that have already been Slimed once?
- When do you give up and get new ones already?
- Isn't getting a lawnmower tire on and off the rim supposed to be a
huge pain in the you-know-what?
- Did I ruin my favorite tire pressure gauge by putting it on the
valve stem of a Slimed tire?   (I.e. is the gauge now clogged with
Slime and damaged in some way?  It still seems to work.)

Alex